Not only does this provide bright and sharp images, but accurate color reproduction is also achieved. Furthermore, the roof surface of the Schmidt prism is phase coated (phase correction coated) to prevent the loss of contrast and image resolution.
- Four Prominar XD Lens elements eliminate chromatic aberration for a clear view.
- Light and durable Magnesium frame
- The prism has phase correction coating and a highly reflective aluminum coating to ensure sharp images and accurate color reproduction. Through the use of a Bak4 prism Kowa is able to give you bright, clear images all the way to the edge of the objective lens.
- All lenses and prisms are manufactured with multilayered coating, ensuring a bright and clear visual range.
- The housing is waterproof and filled with dry nitrogen gas to prevent the lens from fogging. The binoculars can be used in the rain and other harsh weather conditions. (Not intended for underwater use)
- With a minimum focusing distance of only 5 feet, these binoculars can be used for many purposes.
- All of the Genesis Series binoculars have twist-up eyecups suitable for both eyeglass wearers and non-eyeglass wearers.
- Easy focusing and a smooth turning focus wheel. Through the use of an inner focusing mechanism, the light, compact design of the Genesis Series was made possible.
- Kowa's roof prism binoculars use the schmidt-Pechan prism. One surface of the Pechan prism does not provide total reflection, so we have applied a highly reflective multi-coating of dielectrics (C3 Coating). This allows for a much higher reflectivity than with coatings of silver or optically-enhanced aluminum, offering a reflectance of 99% or higher across the entire visible spectrum (400 to 700mm). Not only does this provide bright and sharp images, but accurate color reproduction is also achieved. Furthermore, the roof surface of the Schmidt prism is phase coated (phase correction coated) to prevent the loss of contrast and image resolution.
- Model : BN743
- Magnification : 8x
- Objective Lens Diameter : 33mm
- Minimum Focus Distance : 1.5m
- Real Field of View : 6.8 degree
- Apparent Field of View : 65.0 degree
- Exit Pupil Diameter : 4.1mm
- Relative Brightness : 16.8
- Twilight Factor : 16.2
- Eye-Relief : 15.0mm
- Field of View at 1,000m/yds : 420ft.
- Length : 142mm
- Width : 126mm
- Height : 65mm
- Weight : 20.8oz
- Kowa Prominar ED 8x33 Binocular XD33-8