Celestron Explora Scope 80AZ Product Info
The Explorascope 80AZ is a manual alt-azimuth, refractor telescope perfect for celestial viewing on the go. The Explorascope 80 can view the planets, moon, star clusters and brighter deep sky objects like the Orion Nebula and Andromeda Galaxy.
Setting up the telescope is a breeze. Even on your first time out, you can assemble the telescope and its accessories in just a few minutes. The total telescope kit weighs in at just 7 pounds—perfect for impromptu observing sessions or transporting wherever life’s adventures take you.
Manual Alt-Azimuth telescope
Navigate the sky with a panning handle Alt-Az control with clutch for smooth and accurate pointing. Move the clutch in an up/down, left/right fashion to track your object in the eyepiece.
The Explorascope 80AZ comes with two eyepieces (20mm and 4mm), 3x Barlow lens, 90° erect image diagonal, and a finderscope. Choose the 20mm eyepiece for low power or the 4mm eyepiece for higher magnification views. The finderscope helps you quickly center an object in the eyepiece for easier observing. For even more magnification, connect your 3x Barlow lens to triple the power of each eyepiece. Combined with the Barlow lens, this telescope provides up to 135x magnification (20mm eyepiece) or 675x magnification (4mm eyepiece).
Starry Night Software
Download Celestron’s Starry Night Software and learn about the night sky, celestial objects, and how to plan your next observing session. Celestron Starry Night Software is the premier astronomy software package on the market, providing resources and knowledge to view our Solar System and beyond.
- Optical Design Refractor
- Aperture 80mm (3.1")
- Focal Length 900mm
- Focal Ratio f/11
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 1 20mm (1.25")
- Magnification of Eyepiece 1 45x
- Focal Length of Eyepiece 2 4mm (1.25")
- Magnification of Eyepiece 2 225x
- Finderscope StarPointer™ red dot finderscope
- Star Diagonal Erect image 90° (1.25")
- Highest Useful Magnification 189x
- Lowest Useful Magnification 11x
- Limiting Stellar Magnitude 12.0
- Resolution (Rayleigh) 1.74 arc seconds
- Resolution (Dawes) 1.45 arc seconds
- Light Gathering Power (Compared to human eye) 131x
- Optical Coatings Fully coated glass optics
- Optical Tube Length 34"
- Barlow Lens 3x (1.25")
- Celestron Explora Scope 80AZ